GOAL Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant positions:
EVD Centre Nutrition Manager
Port Loko, Sierra Leone
Contract Duration: 4 months (with possible extension)
Clinical Nurse Lead
Overview of situation
GOAL is an international humanitarian organisation which has been working in Sierra Leone for over 15 years. Since the start of the Ebola outbreak in the country, GOAL has been working with the Ministry of Health and other partners both local and international to respond to this outbreak. Since December 2014 GOAL is managing an Ebola Treatment Centre (ETC) in Port Loko Monrovia which has capacity for 100 beds.
Overview of the Role
The Nutrition Manager will manage and review dietary requirements of Ebola patients across all phases of treatment and recovery. S/he will ensure that patients are receiving appropriate nutrition with respect to their stage of illness and age. The Nutritionist will work closely with the Nurse Management team to both ensure adequate nutrition requirements for patients are being met and to ensure that clinical staff members are aware of patient’s nutritional status so this can be included in the patient management plan.
1. Oversee the daily and weekly menu plan for the centre and ensure it is nutritionally balanced
2. Ensure that nutritional and dietary observation forms for each patients are being completed and that summary data is being reported back to clinical staff
3. Support with staff training on nutrition and the nutritional management of patients in particular minors while in the ETC
4. Ensure that all nutritional practises in the ETC are in line with national and international nutritional guidelines for the management of patients with Ebola
5. Update and review GOALs nutritional guidelines for the ETC as required
6. Coordinate and prepare dietary prescriptions such as Ready to Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTF) or therapeutic/replacement milk formulas for specific patients in conjunction with the nursing staff
7. Ensure that clinical staff are alerted when a patient is no longer taking in oral diet or when their dietary intake has become sub-optimal and provide advice on what specific nutritional support can be provided in this context
8. Ensure that all meals and snacks are being prepared appropriately by the caterers, delivered in a timely manner and that all meals are of an acceptable standard for patients
9. Conduct twice monthly formal reviews of the catering department to review issues such as hygiene and quality of ingredients
10. Ensure appropriate storage perpetration and use of formulae/therapeutic milks and RUTFs
11. Submit weekly nutritional reports to clinical leads in the ETC which includes summary of nutritional status of patients for the week and any challenges or issues to be addressed
1. Qualified Nutritionist with at least 4 years postgraduate experience ideally in a clinical setting
2. Previous experience of working in Ebola settings an advantage but not essential
3. Willingness to enter the confirmed infected patients zone when required to assist with patient evaluation (appropriate training and support will be provided for this component of the role)
4. Ability to work under pressure and as part of a large multi-disciplinary team
5. Ability to write and speak English and some Temne would also be an advantage
6. Good computer skills with a particular focus on Excel and Word
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 5:00pm on Saturday 10th January, 2015 (Applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible)
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone,
89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown.
East Base, GOAL Sierra Leone,
5 Davies Street Brima Lane, Freetown.
Human Resource Manager,
GOAL Port Loko Buya’s Motel. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Officer,
GOAL Sierra Leone, 2 Showfield Road, Kenema.
Goal Bombali Office,
Pastoral Center, Teko Road
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE INTERVIEWED.