WORLD VISION, an International, Christian Non-Governmental Humanitarian and Child Focussed Organisation is seeking applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the position of Grant Officer to be based in Bo District.
Purpose of Position
To Provide financial services to the Disaster Emergency Committee grant in terms of preparing grant financial reports and maintaining grant files to enhance efficient and effective donor accountability.
· Prepare Grant report for accountability, transparency and good stewardship.
· Ensure all relevant grant information is accessible on a timely basis and properly summarized for rapid managerial decision making.
· Monitor actual grant expenditures against approved donor line items on a monthly basis to minimise over and under expenditures.
· Update all grant files at all times so that correct information is accessible when required.
· Prepare Bank reconciliation for grant account on a monthly basis latest by the14th.
· Create settlement advice for various World Vision offices so that funds used on their behalf can be retrieved. The account listing for the SAs should be extracted from the sun system and reconciled with SAs in the SA database on a monthly basis.
· Facilitate the filling of LDRs by all grant staff at the end of each month so that they can be used for coding salary vouchers and avoid question cost to the project and reconcile LDRs with payroll for grant staff in adherence to LDR policy thereby ensuring that staff salaries are correctly allocated to the project.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· University Degree in Accounting from a recognised University or completion of ACCA part two.
· At least 2 years work experience with INGO in similar role.
If this position appeals to you, send a letter of application with your updated CV, current telephone number, copies of certificates and labour card to
or deliver to the
People and Culture Coordinator, World Vision Sierra Leone,
35 Wilkinson Road, Freetown, Sierra Leone
If you choose to send your application through the email address above, please ensure that subject reads ‘Application for the position of DEC Project Coordinator’ of successful candidate will be contacted so please include your referees’ current email and telephone numbers
Closing Date: 5th January 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be required to sign the World Vision Child Protection Policy
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY