WORLD VISION, an International, Christian Non-Governmental Humanitarian and Child Focussed Organisation is seeking applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the position of District Project Coordinators(6)
Purpose of Position
To coordinate WVSL district Child Protection/Psychosocial Support Ebola response in ensuring that children (especially Orphans and Most Vulnerable) are protected from the risk of contracting Ebola and are able to assess services that would help them and their families to cope with the effects of EVD thereby reducing their vulnerability to exploitation, violence, neglect and abuse.
· Work in collaboration with MSWGCA to identify, respond, report and monitor EVD related risk of children and families in assigned district to minimise/stop the spread of EVD among children.
· Prepare and oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities including work plans and spending plans that could be monitored against project log frame.
· In collaboration with MSWGCA, receive and coordinate referrals, arranging actions and reviewing services for children and families affected by EVD in assigned district.
· Generate timely and accurate information on children affected by EVD including services received and referrals made.
· Initiate and facilitate implementation of activities that would enhance children and community coping mechanism from the impact of EVD on their lives.
· On a timely basis prepare monthly Management report on project progress.
· Effectively represent WVSL at district Child Protection/Psychosocial Support Pillar coordination forums.
· Promote community based Child Protection systems and referral mechanisms to ensure an effective response to cases of sexual gender based violence within World Vision Sierra Leone Communities.
· Comply with WVI policies and practices on Child Protection.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· University degree in Psychology, Social work, Social Sciences or related field experience.
· At least 2 years experience working in child protection and gender related programs, with strong emphasis on project development, advocacy and capacity building components.
· Experience in managing projects cycle with focus on child protection.
If this position appeals to you, send a letter of application with your updated CV, current telephone number, copies of certificates and labour card to email@example.com
or deliver to the
People and Culture Coordinator, World Vision Sierra Leone,
35 Wilkinson Road,
Freetown, Sierra Leone
If you choose to send your application through the email address above, please ensure that subject reads ‘Application for the position of District Project Coordinator’ of successful candidate will be contacted so please include your referees’ current email and telephone numbers
Closing Date: 5th January 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be required to sign the World Vision Child Protection Policy
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY