GOAL Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position:
Position: Port Loko Human Resource Coordinator
General Description of Role:
The Port Loko HR Coordinator should manage and ensure a high quality HR Service is delivered through effective leadership and management of the Port Loko HR Team. The objective is to ensure efficient HR processes are followed and in place.
· Provide effective HR Leadership and Management to the Port Loko HR Team
· Ensure existing HR Systems are fully implemented and followed
· Train managers to ensure they are aware of and understand in-country HR Processes
· Provide Line Managers with advice on National and International Staff issues as required, always ensuring a solution focus response
· Monitor and recommend changes to ensure the HR Department is running as effectively as possible
· Co-ordinate high volume and complex recruitment
· Coordinate the down-sizing of the staff component of the ETC in line with the transition plan /downscaling of the ETC, whilst transitioning into the recovery program.
· Ensure all correspondence is correctly completed and authorised as per existing systems
· Handle, advise on and manage complex Employee Relation Issues
· Induct new employees and ensure they receive a full HR briefing
· Ensure links with the Freetown HR Office to ensure ETC has the required minimum standards and is following the in country Employee Handbook
· In conjunction with SL HR Co, manage relationships with external stakeholders as required e.g. Labour Minister
· Ensure International Employee arrivals and departures are correctly recorded by the HR Officer and passed to the Fleet Manager
· Ensure International Employees have the relevant visas and registration documents through close coordination with FT Administration Officer who is responsible for facilitating the processing.
· Work with the HR Coordinator to advise on any required policy changes/updates
· Ensure HR Templates e.g. contracts and offer letters are correct and legally compliant
· Consult with the HR Coordinator and advise PL Programme Director of any potential HR Issues and compile a recommended solution
· Audit and correct all Employee Contracts and ensure files are complete
· Ensure HR Database is correct and kept up to date
· Put in place administrative and payroll procedures in line with in country procedures
· Willingness to sign up to GOAL’s strict Child Protection, gender equity and HIV workplace policies
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviewed.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 5:00pm on Monday the 9th February, 2015 and please indicate on the envelope the position and location you are applying for (This position is part of our emergency response and applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible)
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant, East Base, GOAL Sierra Leone, 5 Davies Street Brima Lane, Freetown. Email: email@example.com
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Kenema Office, 2 Showfield Road, Kenema. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Coordinator, GOAL Bombali Office, Pastoral Center, Teko Road, Email: email@example.com
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.