Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that is charitable, impartial, non-political, independent and non-profit making. In Sierra Leone ACF opened in 1991. ACF overall objective in these contexts is to fight against hunger and this is achieved through the implementation of nutrition, health, food security and water & sanitation (WASH) projects. ACF is seeking motivated, dynamic and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- POSITION: MULTIPLE LOCATIONS: Freetown/ Moyamba
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 3 Months with possible extension STARTING DATE: Immediately
PROBATION PERIOD: (6) Weeks
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: Three (3)
- INTERNAL AUDITOR
Assignments: Reduce risks linked with noncompliance, mainly for donor’s contract
- Identify incoherencies and noncompliance (mainly in accounting, HR, and logistical department
- Assess the quality of support documents interacting with programs
- Contribute to the anti-corruption watch on the mission
- Reporting- Communicate and explain the final report to the CD and to the external auditors
- Recommend improvements of existing tools (according to ACF standards)
- Ensure dissemination good understanding and compliance with rules and procedures of ACF
- Prepare monthly controls (eligibility control; split invoices control; coherence control between HR data base and Saga; coherence control between log data base and Saga; OD control; Purchase file control).
- Prepare the donor’s report controls (National staff files control and Stock control)
- Coordinate the audits and to answer to the first questions on the ACF process.
- Check beneficiaries lists exist and that they are archived properly
- In collaboration of HODs support the programme teams to develop appropriate programme verification and control tools
- Ensure Delivery notes donation/certificates are used, signed and archived, correlating the procurement process to the final beneficiaries / Program teams
Qualification: A university degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognised university and at least three (3) years progressive experience in internal audit.
- HR OFFICER
Assignment: Manage the administrative follow-up of the national staff and assist in the expatriate HR task.
- Check the validity and file documents in the staff files, and request for missing documents,
- Up-date the staff data base with personal information, leave days and overtime forms,
- Keep an excel file update with the accruals and annual leaves taken,
- Copy all request of leave days, overtime, loans and salary advances and file them in the staff files,
- Check that the request for annual leave days/overtime have been approved and are conformed with ACF policies and the national regulations,
- Receive, check and classify applications for job opening;
- Assist in recruitment processes and procedures
- Ensure staff recruited are enrolled on the medical scheme and provided with identification cards
- Follow up on monthly deduction of staff medical reimbursement to ACF
- Assist the HR HoD in the practical organization of training sessions (planning, organization of travels).
- Follow up that all staff are registered with NASSIT
- Follow up on staff statement and update with NASSIT
- Follow up monthly payment of staff NASSIT contributions
- Follow up on staff NRA deductions and payment
Diploma / Level of studies: University degree and experiences in Human Resources.
- Data Entry Analyst
Assignment: Responsible for computerizing and analyzing data
– Check the quality of the data collected and report any problem identified
– Enter nutritional center activities data in data base files (Excel, or other data bases …);
– Ensure the quality, precision and accuracy of data entry
– Entering other data into other data bases according to the needs (e.g. KAP surveys, SMART)
– Computerize report when needed in Word files
– Save the data on a regular basis
– Sort and triangulate the data
– Participate in the data analysis, produce statistic tables and graphs
– Draft reports on the results
– Detect missing data or redundancy and suggest improvements
– Transmit the computerized data to concerned supervisor
– Reporting problems encountered within the team to the line manager and other heads of projects
Educational / Professional Background: High School diploma with experience in data processing. Experience in Nutrition is a plus good computer skills including Microsoft office: Word, Excel and Power Point
Good knowledge of internet
Ability to learn new software
Good organizational capacity, autonomy
Ability to meet deadlines
Good knowledge of the local languages and culture Applicants should submit their application letters with two referees, CV and copies of professional certificates to:
Human Resources Manager or Administrator East Base or Admin Base
Action Contre la Faim Action Contre la Faim Action Contre la Faim
10 Sall Drive, Cockle bay 10 New Diversion, Old railway line Sembehun road,
Off Aberdeen Road Ojuku Junction, Lower Allen Town Moyamba
Freetown. . Freetown. Or Admin-Log, Kambia Bas 62 Hospital Road, Kambia
Or by Email firstname.lastname@example.orgPLEASE NOTE THAT A COPY OF APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE NGO DESK OFFICER, MINISTRY OF LABOUR, NEW ENGLAND, FREETOWN.
Deadline for applications: 6th February, 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Action Contre la Faim for a written test and interview and please mark position applied for at the top right hand of envelop.