Handicap International is is currently implementing an EU funded Maternal and Child Health project “Managing childhood disability: an innovative approach to integrated maternal and child health services”. The project is being implemented in a coordinated manner across Bo, Kono and Western Area Rural District
The Project Officer will be responsible under the supervision of the Maternal and Child Health Project Manager to ensure the implementation of project activities in Bo district targeting women and children with or without disabilities and ensuring that ensuring that prevention and early detection of disabilities in pregnant women and newborn children is improved in her/his operational communities in Bo District.
To achieve this, he/she shall work closely with networks of community volunteers, DHMT, District Council, PHUs, district coordination mechanisms, chiefdom and community authorities, taking into account other MCH programs in the district.
Handicap International is seeking a qualified Sierra Leonean citizen to fill the following position,
JOB TITLE: Physical Rehabilitation & Health Project Officer
Base Country: Sierra Leone
Start Date of Contact: As soon as possible
Type of Contract: 3 months
Probation: One Month
Education & Knowledge
- A minimum of a Diploma in a related field of practice( prebnetive/ curative Health)
- Knowledge of rehabilitation or MCH servcies in Sierra Leone
- Knowledge of the geographical area’s of project implementation.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluent in local language of field of operation
- Knowledge of health care sector, gender based issues and disability rights.
- High level of technical report writing skills.
- First Degree in relevant health/social care field
- Qualified health professional (e.g.nursing/therapist)
- Knowledge of project management.
- Direct experience of working in at least one of the following fields: disability/ rehabilitation/ maternal and child health / primary or public health.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a development related field.
- Experience of working at community level with community groups and partners
- Minimum 2 years experience of working in donor sponsored projects.
- Experience in working on advocacy or access to services activities.
- Experience in community awareness and sensitization campaigns
- Organizing and facilitating training
- Experience of leading/managing projects/services.
- Experience of developing/delivering training/teaching
- Experience of developing ICE materials.
- Past experience of working in INGO
Mode of Application:
| An application letter with relevant documents should be submitted to the Human Resources Department , Handicap International.
43A Freetown Road, Lumley, Freetown, Sierra Leone or sent by e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of all applications is on the Wednesday 25th February,2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Handicap International for a written test and interview. Please mark the position applied for at the top right hand of the enveloped.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A COPY OF APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND CERTIFICATE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE NGO DESK OFFICER, MINISTRY OF LABOUR, NEW ENGLAND FREETOWN
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities