Handicap International, is a International Non-Government Organization, works alongside people with disabilities and in emergency situation. Handicap International’s program in Sierra Leone has been operational since 1996 focusing on physical rehabilitation service delivery and in general the promotion of rights and social inclusion of the Persons with Disabilities and their empowerment.
Handicap International is seeking a qualified Sierra Leonean citizen to fill the following position,
|JOB TITLE:||Logistics Assistant – (Liberia & Sierra Leone)
|BASE COUNTRY:||Sierra Leone|
|LOCATION :||Freetown ( occasional travel to sites offices )|
|START DATE OF CONTRACT:||As soon as possible|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||3 month with renewal possibility|
Under the line management of the Site Administration, The Logistics Assistant will assure that all logistic activities incuding the implementation of the procurement policy, assets management, office maintenance, supervision of purchases, fleet management and will also work in close collaboration with the project teams in making sure the Liberia Site activities are implemented as planned
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of staff training and development programs to address programs gaps in performance and updated training data,
- Support in managing staff appraisals for quality checks and timely delivery of staff appraisals.
- Provide advice on Human Resources matters according to the Sierra Leonan and Liberian law and Handicap International internal policies
- Provide support and assistance for the recruitment of new employees or contract renewal: announcement, contract, addendum, etc,
- Staff files updated and kept safe and accessible when needed.
- Manage staff leave records
- Conduct all other human resources administrative activities for the smooth flow of human resources duties.
- Fulfill Handicap International’s Child Protection Policy and Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy all the time.
- Ensure adherence to Human Resources policy and practices, consistent with global policy and compliant with statutory and legislative requirement in Sierra Leone and Liberia.
- Maintain and update a summary of the labour law for quick reference in supporting staff understanding and compliance,
- Accurate and Input data into payroll system and process for review.
- Contribute to Human Resources Strategic Planning
Knowledge and skills:
- University degree in Procurement or any related field of study
- At least one year experience in the field of logistic with INGO’s or Humanitarian work
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Planning and organising and strong influencing skills
- Sensitivity to disability and vulnerable groups
- Strong skills in team work, networking, facilitation.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet the deadlines and work under pressure.
Mode of Application:
An application letter with relevant documents should be submitted to the
Human Resources Department, Handicap International, 43A Freetown Road Lumley, Freetown, Sierra Leone or sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of all applications is on the Friday 27th February, 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Handicap International for a written test and interview. Please mark the position applied for at the top right hand of the enveloped.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A COPY OF APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND CERTIFICATE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE NGO DESK OFFICER, MINISTRY OF LABOUR, NEW ENGLAND FREETOWN
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities