GOAL Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position:
Position: Advocacy Project Officer
Contract duration: Six Months (renewable based on performance)
Reporting to: Partnership & Advocacy Coordinator
General Description of GOAL’s Work:
GOAL has been working in Sierra Leone since 1999, GOAL has over 15 years’ experience designing and implementing system strengthening and community-based programmes across Sierra Leone’s health; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); and child protection sectors, and is rapidly scaling-up within and across these sectors to respond to the current Ebola outbreak. GOAL’s key emergency Ebola response activities include constructing and managing an Ebola Treatment Centre; construction, infection prevention control, and WASH support within government health facilities; family tracing and reunification of Ebola orphans; material and psychosocial support for Ebola survivors; and national social mobilisation activities.
- Assist the Partnership and Advocacy unit with their advocacy activities in the EU funded NSA grant.
- Support the drawing up of a project advocacy strategy.
- Help partners develop long term (3 – 5 year) advocacy strategies
- Provide training and information to partners on campaigns and advocacy.
- Provide training and support to partners on technical issues on advocacy – messaging, branding, design etc.
- Liaise and co-ordinating partners on applying complimentary approach to their different advocacy activities.
- Prepare campaign materials for use in advocacy events.
- Undertake quality research to back up advocacy ‘asks’
- Attend networking events and meetings.
- Brainstorm, plan and implement local media opportunities.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Partnership and Advocacy Unit.
- Support the vetting of partners.
- Support with the organizational capacity assessment of all partners.
- In collaboration with the partnership staff, develop bi-weekly activity plan,
- Submit update and b-weekly report.
- Professionally educated to Degree level and /or Diploma with professional experience in Social sciences, Law or Community Development.
- A minimum of 3 years of International NGO experience
- Good understanding of Child Protection and social policy issues in Sierra Leone
- Knowledge of Sierra Leone statutory and legal structures
- Good analytical and report writing skills needed. Must have knowledge in MS words and Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advocacy and public relations principles.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with capacity to work and produce results under pressure
- Sound understanding of high quality advocacy, documents, articles and presentations and understanding of developing countries issues
- Committed to Child Protection and HIV workplace policies.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviewed.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30 pm on Thursday the 16th April 2015 (This position is part of our emergency response and applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible)
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: email@example.com
Administrative Assistant, East Base, GOAL Sierra Leone, 5 Davies Street Brima Lane, Freetown. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 2 Showfield Road, Kenema. Email: email@example.com
Area Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, Cess Villa, Off Bundu Conteh Street New York Section, Makeni. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.