WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION FREETOWN
ADVERT – VACANCY FOR THE POST OF LOGISTICS, PROCUREMENT AND TRAVEL ASSISTANT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans for the post of Logistics, Procurement and Travel Assistant.
Post Title: Logistics, Procurement and Travel Assistant Post No. 136228
Grade: GS 06
Duty Station: Sierra Leone
Start Date: April 2015
Temporary: Duration six (6) months
Purpose of the Position:
The Logistics, Procurement and Travel Assistant will provide support and services in the preparation of pre-requisites and the initiation of Procurement and Inventories Management, and Travel and Meetings Management in related transactions in GSM to both managers and staff members to perform GSM transactions in accordance with WHO rules, regulations and policies.
– Organizational context
Incumbent is expected to work with minimum supervision, in accordance with established procedures and practices, dealing with routine matters independently and referring problems or unusual situations to supervisor. Broad guidance is provided by supervisor or other professional staff or through general objectives and instructions regarding resource allocation, divisions/programmes needs and priorities.
– Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve Main objectives)
The Logistics/Procurement and Travel Assistant reports to the Operations Assistant, and provides support to both managers and staff members in performing GSM transactions in the following areas:-
1. Assists international staff with importation, purchasing and registration of their private vehicles and personal effects;
2. Monitors requests for goods and services, including receipt, payment and inventory requirements.
3. Review regularly supplies of the WCO and take necessary action to information administration for renewal of the stock;
4. Coordinates and monitors office space requirements in liaison with relevant units as required.
5. Coordinates, with the support of Senior Driver, the movement of all WCO drivers and assign any driver for any official trip;
6. Follows up the process of annual inspection and insurance policy for all WCO vehicles;
Procurement and Inventories Management
- Assistant in Procurement forecasting;
- Assist the WCO in preparing their procurement forecasts. Based on the procurement forecast plan, the Assistant provides support in executing related procurement activities and may be asked to participate with or in place of the supervisor at meetings with suppliers or programme units.
- Manage supplier creation process;
- Raise request for Price Estimate for non-catalogue items/services;
- If the prices of the items are not available, or the item is not in the GSM catalogue, the requestor raises a request for a price estimate through the GSM and the Assistant brings to the attention of the Manager and assists in the RPE process that follows; records and files requests for price estimates for goods and services not already included as a catalogue item; assists the Manager to source providers of the requested goods or services to ensure that all details are available for recording in the GSM. In case of a service request the price estimates are requested for the services and includes the details like services required, budget amount and the dates within which services are required.
- Raise or revise request for procurement of goods and services,
- Ensures the selected suppliers/contractors list is sent for creating supplier creation. Proposes, or assists the WCO in proposing, justification for the acceptance of offers which are not the most economic. In case of external service requisitions, the Operations Assistant supports the Manager in evaluating the service request based on WHO policies.
- Acknowledge receipt of goods and services in GSM;
- Keep/update records of all inventorable items for the WCO.
- Manage allocation of office space and equipment to staff members in collaboration with the Administrative Services Team;
Travels and Meetings Management
- Raise and manage meeting plans in GSM;
- Raise and manage Travel Requests for meetings and official missions;
- Ensure compliance with the Travel Policy;
- Manage administrative arrangements for all WCO meetings and official missions and travel plans;
- Track the implementation of missions’ recommendations;
- Assist in the production of reports, statistics, and/or information material when required;
- The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the WCO.
Knowledge and skills specific to the position
Work requires maintaining up to date knowledge on any changes to the standard operating procedures. The incumbent is also expected to maintain computer skills including skills Global Management System, to the standard of the Organization by self-study or in-house training. Knowledge of WHO rules, regulations, policies and practices would be an asset.
Essential: Work requires completion of secondary school with training of general administrative practices with focus on Logistics, Procurement and Travel practices, theories and procedures and ability to manage Microsoft access database. Training in logistics, supplies/procurement and travel would be an asset.
Desirable: Training in logistics, supplies/procurement and travel would be an asset. Proven skills in drafting and editing required.
Essential: 8 years of experience in administrative positions preferably with several years experience in the UN and have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
Desirable: Experience in other areas such as Programme Management would be an asset.
Expert level required in English Language.
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED WITH AN UP TO DATE C.V. WITH ENVELOPE MARKED LOGISTICS, PROCUREMENT AND TRAVEL ASSISTANT AND SHOULD REACH THE OFFICE OF:
The Representative, World Health Organization, 21A/B Riverside Drive, Off Kingharman Road, Brookfields, Freetown
By close of business on 14th April, 2015