WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. VA No.15/05/02
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Duty Station: Various Locations (Freetown, Kenema, Port Loko)
Position Title: Programme Assistant – Data Management
Post Grade: SC5
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Within delegated authority, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Creating /Designing survey data collection or data entry applications (ODK collect, SPSS, MS Access, MS Excel or CSpro)
- Training field enumerators on how to use data collection applications and devices.
- Managing and maintaining data collection devices and data entry devices.
- Provide training to M&E focal persons on how to use data entry application software for accurate data entry.
- Prepare data (data cleaning) for analysis.
- Ensuring safe and proper storage and back-up mechanism of all survey data for future purpose.
- Accompanying enumerators to the field to ensure safety and proper use of data collection devices.
- Working within a limited time frame to meet specified deadlines
Secondary school education, or a higher degree in education, development or social sciences. Basic knowledge of computer programmes such as word processing and spreadsheet is essential.
At least 4 years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations or another related field.
Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Critical Success Factors:
Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information, and to maintain accurate and precise records. Ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgment, and communicate complex matters both orally and in writing, proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest including the names of at least three referees (kindly indicate referees’ e-mail addresses) and curriculum vitae or Resume Do not provide copies of certificates or diplomas at this time, however, these will be required at the interview stage. in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential” to the:
The Human Resources Manager
World Food Programme
69B Smart Farm, Wilkinson Road,
and drop it in the WFP Tender Box or send as email with attachments to: Vacancies.SierraLeone@wfp.org
Please mark all envelopes in the top right hand corner and label email subject lines with VA No.15/05/02
Deadline for receipt of applications “Close of business 14th of May 2014”
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for written tests and interview.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.