London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine invites applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leonean to fill the under mentioned vacant positions:
POSITION: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
LOCATION: FREETOWN with frequent travelling to Kambia
CONTRACT DURATION: TWEVEL MONTHS
DIRECT LINE SUPERVISOR: PROGRAMME MANAGER
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make any field payments ensuring that LSHTM procedures are adhered to.
- Date all payment requests received into Finance on a daily basis.
- Assist the Finance Manager with issuing and cheques and payments
- Distribute cheques to suppliers, ensuring that all LSHTM procedures are adhered to.
- Update the bank book on the server on a daily basis to track all cheques written.
- Ensure that all finance documentation is filed correctly and that files are maintained in an easily accessible and neat manner.
- Complete any printing, photocopying and scanning required by the Finance team.
- Set up and maintain the stationary tracker for Finance. Ensure that all stationary is signed out by Finance staff and reorder from stores when stationary runs low.
- Maintain the hard copy files for the contract database and keep a list of all contracts on file.
- Required to have a full understanding of LSHTM Sierra Leone Financial Procedures and Controls and the LSHTM International Finance Manual. Ensure full adherence to these procedures in LSHTM SL.
- Completion of other finance related tasks assigned by the Finance team
- Provide assistance/training to non-finance staff in completion of finance documentation and finance processes and controls.
- Minimum 2 year experience in in Accounts and Finance environment
- Experience of producing management accounts using computerised software packages
- Experience of restricted/unrestricted income accounting and reporting
- Experience of managing computerised payroll
- Good report-writing skills and the ability to communicate financial information in easily understood language and format
- Staff management experience
- Self-motivation and effective time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A relevant accounting qualification
- Must be willing to travel between Kambia and Freetown
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviewed.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30pm on Wednesday the 17th June 2015 (This position is part of our emergency response and applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible)
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: email@example.com
or Administrative Assistant, East Base, GOAL Sierra Leone, 5 Davies Street Brima Lane, Freetown. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 2 Showfield Road, Kenema. Email: email@example.com or
Area Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, Cess Villa, Off Bundu Conteh Street New York Section, Makeni. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.