London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine invites applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leonean to fill the under mentioned vacant positions:
POSITION: PROCUREMENT/LOGISTICS MANAGER
CONTRACT DURATION: TWEVEL MONTHS
DIRECT LINE SUPERVISOR: PROGRAMME MANAGER
- To ensure that records of all assets are kept up to date
- To maintain minimum stock for expendable field and office supplies
- To ensure logistic supplies to project/sections are best value and timely
- To contribute to the overall planning of the LSHTM supplies section
- To ensure that the facilities are run efficiently and effectively and the stores are properly looked after.
- To assist in developing the supply section of the Unit, that includes systems for storage and distribution of supplies, to all project sites and within the office.
- To obtain quotes from suppliers, process orders and coordinate the receipt of shipments of equipment, laboratory consumables and other supplies as necessary, by liaising with all relevant external stakeholders.
- To assist in conducting thorough market research to identify and recommend potential local suppliers to ensure best value.
- To maintain data on local supplies to assess overall performance and quality.
- Monitoring the use of office consumables (cleaning supplies, tea, coffee, stationaries, etc.) and ensure re- ordering is done on timely basis
- Monitoring fuel purchasing and consumption of LSHTM vehicles
Stores and Stock Management
- To maintain a tracking system for all purchases to record delivery and onward distribution to staff.
- To implement and supervise the monthly stock taking exercise
- To ensure that stock is stored and handled safely and securely and that the LSHTM stores remain locked and secure at all times.
- To keep record on all stocks in soft copy and to make these available for budget-holders’ review.
- To implement and maintain an effective system for informing colleagues of the receipt of items into the store.
- To ensure that all items requisitioned from the LSHTM store for loan or use are recorded appropriately and approved in line with LSHTM policy.
- To ensure safe custody of all LSHTM LPO books and to keep a register of all books ordered and used.
- Conduct monthly stock takes on items in the store, and oversee yearly inventory
- To assist in the formulation of an inventory register, labelling and recording of LSHTM’s assets.
- To assist with the preparation of inventory reports required for donors, budget reviews, project analysis, annual reports, etc.
- To liaise closely with the project staff and field staff to ensure that procurement needs of the project are met in a timely manner.
- To support all projects within LSHTM in remote and external locations by providing guidance and support with local procurement.
- To negotiate and secure best value on all local procurement.
- To update and maintain local vendor lists.
- To update and maintain local price lists.
- To ensure that all purchases comply with LSHTM approval limits.
- To liaise with colleagues within LSHTM & COMAHS to develop international procurement.
- Monitor and maintain all generators
- Manage fuel consumption and ordering
- Ensure all generators are in good working order
- Ensure SOP’s and training material are in place for the study and regularly up dated
- To be trained and provide training of the handling of study materials
- To follow safety protocols and guidelines
- Ensure the successful transportation & delivery of Study vaccine
Other Key Activities
- To provide information and advice to colleagues.
- To induct new colleagues in procurement systems and procedures.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise in supply chain management.
- To collaborate with COMAHS staff and staff from LSHTM partner organisations.
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be expected by LSHTM senior staff.
- To establish and agree objectives for the year and monitor these through ongoing supervision.
- To initiate and recommend improvements to the day-a-to day running of the LSHTM supply and procurement function.
- To supervise the guards and cleaners for LSHTM office and Remote sites.
- Promote LSHTM, its core values and services, and play a positive role in delivery of its day to day operations and strategic goals.
- Degree in relevant course (subject).
- Good understanding of logistics issues, including managing of assets, fleet management, stores, facilities, security and basic IT functions.
- Strong and oral and written communication skills in English and Krio
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure.
- 2 years previous logistics experience with an NGO.
- Willingness to work as a team and support colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviewed.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30pm on Wednesday the 17th June 2015 (This position is part of our emergency response and applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible)
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: email@example.com
or Administrative Assistant, East Base, GOAL Sierra Leone, 5 Davies Street Brima Lane, Freetown. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 2 Showfield Road, Kenema. Email: email@example.com or
Area Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, Cess Villa, Off Bundu Conteh Street New York Section, Makeni. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.