London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine invites applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leonean to fill the under mentioned vacant positions:
POSITION: SENIOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COMMINICATION OFFICER
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 MONTHS (with possible extension base on funding)
DIRECT LINE SUPERVISOR: PROGRAMME MANAGER
To setup organizational-standard ICT systems in all EBOVAC Salone sites and sub-bases and to provide user support for all the ICT systems. An ITC Officer will oversee and assist in the monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting computers, networks, communications equipment, and electrical systems.
- Provide user level technical support for end users, computers, printers, etc.
- Provide user level training on daily applications used including current version of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other basic computer related skills.
- Assist with end user system updates and monitoring including; patch management spyware removal and testing, virus checking, ensuring backup of files and folders etc.
- Assist with user management (Adding and deleting users from mailing list)
- Monitor printers, copiers and ensure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance and repairs when required
- Provide high degree of professionalism and end user satisfaction and work well with others.
- Assist procurement with specification on all IT related purchases.
- Configuration of new computers or existing computers for new users as per the laid down organizational standards for computer setup
- Processing of LSHTM email accounts for incoming staff
- Installation of wired and wireless local area networks
- Developing basic user manuals for Microsoft Office applications
- Training Programs Online Development (POD) users
- Keeping software on all computers and ICT devices up-to-date
- Scheduling preventive maintenance of ICT assets in all locations
- Maintaining an updated inventory of LSHTM assets in Sierra Leone
- Programming of HF and VHF handheld radios as necessary
- Guiding colleagues through troubleshooting procedures of computer issues via email, phone calls, face to face discussions or Skype
- Undertaking minor hardware repairs of all computers and devices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical degree
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science would be an added advantage
- 2 years of relevant computer and technical experience
- Experience in working with radio and communication equipment
- Experience working in cross cultural setting
- Field experience working in Africa preferred.
- Must have a diploma or higher in IT related field of study and / or CompTIA A+, N+ certified
- 2 years’ working experience with an international NGO in a similar capacity
- Experience with MS office products.
- Experience and/or knowledge in various networking concepts including email, firewall, client servers, network security.
- Experience with computers and printer maintenance and repair.
- Ability to work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines
- Must be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
- Good troubleshooting skills in problem solving, crisis management and training facilitation.
- High Level of Mathematics
- Good knowledge of both client and server operating systems
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviewed.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30 pm on Friday the 26th June 2015 (This position is part of our emergency response and applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible)
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Administrative Assistant, East Base, GOAL Sierra Leone, 5 Davies Street Brima Lane, Freetown. Email: email@example.com or
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 2 Showfield Road, Kenema. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, Cess Villa, Off Bundu Conteh Street New York Section, Makeni. Email: email@example.com
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.